Why you should join the team at Medicine Mountain
As part of the crew at Medicine Mountain, you’ll impact the lives
of youth and adults as we deliver an exceptional program surrounded by the
beauty of the Black Hills of South Dakota.
Free Room & Board
All staff recieve free room and board while working at Medicine Mountain.
Medicine Mountain offers competitive pay for seasonal BSA camp staff members.
All team members are provided with transportation to and from the airport and on weekends to see the Black Hills.
Training costs for positions that require specialized training are covered by the camp.
Internships can be completed at camp to help you earn your degree.
Experience of a Lifetime
We guarentee working at Medicine Mountain will be an experience that you'll not forget.
Camp Management Positions
- Expedition: Black Hills Director (18+)
- Training Director (18+)
- Office Manager (18+)
Program Instructor Positions
- Lifeguard/Aquatics Instructor (16+)
- Nature/Ecology Instructor (15+)
- Handicraft Instructor (15+)
- Shooting Sports Assistant (16+)
- Apex Instructor (15+)
- Outdoor Skills Instructor (15+)
- Hawk Instructor (15+)
Camp Operations Positions
- Assistant Ranger (18+)
High Adventure Positions
- Caving Director (18+)
- Backpacking Director (21+)
- High Adventure Instructor (16+)
Counselor in Training Positions (unpaid)
- Counselor in Training (14+)
Please submit completed Camp Staff Applications to Jay.Ryan@BlackHillsBSA.org.